Become a Professional Subscriber
If you are a professional working with agricultural and rural business, whether as a solicitor, barrister, accountant, tax adviser, planning consultant or other technical capacity, becoming a professional subscriber of the CAAV will help you keep ahead of all the latest industry news, policy developments and practical information.
The CAAV has developed a reputation as the leading professional body representing agricultural and rural valuers practising throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Members provide professional advice and valuation expertise on issues affecting the countryside from tenancy matters to sales and purchase of farms and land, from taxation and compulsory purchase to auctioneering, from conservation issues to farming structures.
As a professional subscriber you’ll get access to industry information, build an influential network of contacts and enjoy the exclusive benefits on offer.
What are the benefits?
Who can become a subscriber?
Anyone working in the following professions can apply to become a Professional Subscriber, provided they are fully qualified members of the recognised bodies listed below:
- ICAEW – The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- ICAS – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- CIMA – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- ACCA– The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- CIB – The Chartered Institute of Bankers
- Bar Council
- Faculty of Advocates
- CIEEM – The Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- IEMA – The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- CIWEM – The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- CII – The Chartered Insurance Institute
- Loss Adjusters
- CILA – The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
- Planning Consultants
- RTPI – The Royal Town Planning Institute
- The Law Society
- The Law Society of Scotland
- The Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Tax Advisers
- CIOT – The Chartered Institute of Taxation
- STEP – The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- ALA – The Agricultural Law Association
- CIArb – The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- IAgSA – The Institute of Agricultural Secretaries and Administrators
- IAgrM – Institute of Agricultural Management (Professional Members only)
- IRRV - The Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation
If you are a member of the RICS (The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), BIAC (The British Institute of Agricultural Consultants) and LAA (The Livestock Auctioneers Association) then you are ineligible to become a Professional Subscriber of the CAAV. Instead, you are invited to become a Probationer Member.
For how much?
The annual subscription fee is £275 inc VAT (£261.90 plus VAT)
How do you sign-up?
To sign-up, simply complete this application form and return it to the CAAV.
If you live and work outside the UK and are interested in gaining a professional understanding of agricultural and rural business within the UK, you may be eligible to become an International Professional Subscriber of the CAAV. Applications will be considered on an individual basis. Download the application form here.