The European Group of Valuers’ Associations (TEGoVA)
The CAAV is a member of The European Group of Valuers’ Associations (TEGoVA).
TEGoVA brings together 71 valuers’ associations from 37 countries (as at January 2019), both in and outside the EU. Focussed on property valuation, it:
- represents valuers’ concerns, especially to the European Union (Representing Valuers)
- sets valuation standards in a European context (European Valuation Standards)
- upholds professional ethics
- promotes the valuation profession in Europe.
- offers opportunities for exchanging views and international contacts.
TEGoVA works through:
- the Secretariat based in Brussels which as well as administering TEGoVA represents its concerns to the European authorities and other bodies
- the Board managing the Association
- the European Valuation Standards Board (EVSB) working on technical matters including European Valuation Standards (EVS) and the European Valuation Practice and Methodology Board (EVPMB). There is now also a European Business Valuation Standards Committee.
- the Recognised European Valuer (REV) Recognition Committee
- the General Assembly in which representatives of all members meet twice a year
- its website www.tegova.org
The CAAV joined TEGoVA in 2004 and is one of two specialist agricultural and rural members, alongside the French CEF (Confédération des Experts Fonciers).