Bookings are now open for the CAAV’s new webinar on Contract Farming
Contract Farming Webinar
Thursday, 30th April 2020
10:15 - 11:15am
With many farmers and landowners needing to look hard at and review their businesses, joint ventures offer one possible answer. Contract farming agreements have developed as one form of joint venture approach that has suited many. They can be flexible, give access to skills and machinery but need to be done properly.
Widely used in combineable cropping, the CAAV has updated its publication “Arable Farming with Contractors” and now looked at extending its use to livestock in a new publication, “Contract Farming for Breeding Livestock”.
In this webinar, Jeremy Moody gives a guide to the principles and practice of contract farming, including: -
- What defines a contract farming agreement?
- How is it different from other types of agreement?
- Why and when might it be used or be avoided?
- How to operate an agreement?
- What are the bases for remuneration?
- Where can they go wrong and how to avoid that?
He will also explore how to handle issues from taxation and support schemes to employment and housing.
The Ticket Price is £45 plus VAT (£54)
Contact email for this event: firstname.lastname@example.org