Welsh Water - North Wales - Estates Surveyor
Job Requisition Number
Procurement & Estates
North Wales Travel 2 Days/ / Home Working
Who we are
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas.
To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision. This is achieved by living our core values and demonstrating the core behaviours that underpin them.
We know that the most successful teams are the most diverse teams. Equality, diversity and inclusion provide the very foundation to our culture at Welsh Water. We want every individual to feel confident, proud and able to bring their whole selves to work.
To ensure an improved representation in our workforce, applications are particularly welcome from minority groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, Females, LGBT+, Non-binary and people with disabilities. Together we continue to build a workplace that not only celebrates the diverse voices of our colleagues but also represents each customer we serve.
In essence, ours is a company based on trust, openness, respect, commitment and honesty. A company that our colleagues are proud to work for.
What you’ll be responsible for
As a credible member of the Estates Team you will contribute positively and with high levels of energy to the development of the Estates Team within E-CARE and Commercial, so that the Estates Team comes to be recognised as an exemplar in the field of Estates Management within the Water Industry.
This will include:
1. Specialise in an Estates Management service to the core business covering Compulsory Purchase Compensation (Water Industry Act 1991), Disposals and Acquisitions, Landlord & Tenant, Third Party Access and Recreation, Estates Terrier Management.
2. Manage internal relationships with stakeholders within the business and be a credible representative of DCWW and the E-CARE Team externally, and with a commensurate level of professional estates management expertise and qualifications.
3. Support the development of an enhanced commercial awareness across E-CARE.
4. Assist in developing the Estates Team into a professional service, facing an internal customer base including senior management, DCWW Operational Managers and DCWW Capital Programme Managers.
5. Represent DCWW on all estates matters in the North region, responding to customers’ queries as required. When required to deal with casework in other areas.
6. Handle Estates Management casework including Compensation, Compulsory Purchase, Lettings, Hirings, Disposals, Acquisitions, and Voluntary Registration of title.
7. Prepare and issue Statutory Notices under the Water Industry Act following the departmental internal processes.
8. Process and settle compensation payments, ensuring professional standards of valuation are applied and sustained, with records maintained
9. Maintain casework files for archiving and future accessibility.
10. Regularize third party access to and occupation of the DCWW estate, particularly the legal, commercial and valuation aspects.
11. In conjunction with the Asset Strategy Team, manage the Company’s property portfolio, and provide Estates advice to the wider business as required.
12. Assist in commissioning, monitoring and controlling any land agency services procured under framework agreements from land agency consultants.
Who you’ll work with
• Senior Estates Surveyor
• Capital Projects Teams
• Headquarters Water Quality, Strategy, Finance managers
• Operational Site Managers
• Area Lands Managers
• Facilities Team
• Health & Safety Team
• Landowners and Neighbours
• Tenants (and Landlords)
• Environmental and other agencies
• Town Planners
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Compensation and Compulsory Purchase related work in a professional office or practice. Other relevant rural or general practice experience would be an advantage.
- Strong IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications MS Word, Outlook, and Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of property database programmes, accounts packages, in particular SAP. GIS applications.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, including drafting professionally reasoned responses to customer complaints on behalf of MD, are essential.
- Adaptability and the ability to deal with a heavy and diverse workload, autonomously and as head of an office team.
- Judgement and professionalism in response to stakeholder enquiries, and to know when to seek guidance.
- MRICS or CAAV desirable or working towards a relevant professional qualification (desirable only)
Good to know
Person to be in post by 1st June 2021, interviews middle-end March 2021.
Travelling out on the road 2 days/week across whole of North Wales. The location for this role will be flexible and in line with COVID-19 legislation.
The closing date for this role is 23:55 on 01 March 2021.
Please note, if you are an external candidate, your online values assessment link must also be completed by the deadline shown on the advert or your application will not be considered. INTERNAL APPLICATIONS DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THIS TEST.
As well as a market competitive salary and 25 days annual leave (pro rata), we offer a range of employee benefits including:
• Variable pay schemes
• Enhanced employer pension contributions
• Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
• Cycle to work scheme
• Car-leasing scheme
• Health CashBack scheme
• An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family
And many, many more.