The Bodnant Estate - North Wales - Estate Manager
Salary: A competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
A career progressing opportunity for an Estate Manager to lead and actively grow an innovative and diverse Estate business on the Bodnant Estate in North Wales, home to the McLaren family, and set in the hilly and wooded countryside of the Conwy Valley with spectacular views across Snowdonia. The Estate extends to some 4,000 acres comprising a residential and commercial property portfolio, luxury holiday cottage lettings, let farms, forestry activities, let shooting and fishing and a thriving joinery business.
The successful candidate will actively shape the Estate strategy and the development of the Estate overall to maximise its potential, and responsibilities will include:
- · Managing and adding value to the residential and commercial property portfolio
- · Identifying and developing new revenue streams/diversification projects
- · Overseeing the delivery of restoration projects
- · Applying strong financial management skills across the estate’s activities
- · Developing strong and productive relationships with external stakeholders
- · Running and further developing the joinery business
- · Maintaining regular dialogue with farm and other tenants
- · Overseeing the forestry team and external consultants
We are looking for an entrepreneurial property professional who is seeking a new challenge on a forward-looking Estate, with the following attributes:
- · A strong track record in managing and enhancing a complex range of property assets, and an innovative mindset in generating new opportunities
- · A self-motivated and driven individual who thinks strategically, with a clear empathy for rural businesses and communities, and a passion for economic development that goes beyond the bounds of traditional estate management
- · Articulate and commercially minded leader, confident and competent in managing and dealing with a range of people to deliver agreed targets and outcomes
For a copy of the job description and to discuss confidentially please contact Helen Astill on 07721 437 085 or send a CV to email@example.com.