The Althorp Estate – Northamptonshire – Rural Surveyor (Newly qualified or with up to 3 years pqe)
The Althorp Estate extends to approximately 13,500 acres and comprises three main Estates, Althorp in Northamptonshire, North Creake in North Norfolk and Wormleighton in Warwickshire, together with land in Hertfordshire and a portfolio of commercial and residential property in London.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Rural Surveyor with an innovative and professional approach, to assist the Estate Director and other members of the Estate team with the management of the Estate’s land and property interests, involving the residential, commercial and agricultural portfolios across the three rural Estates and London, as well as planning and development work, farming enterprises, woodland management, managing restrictive covenants, the gardens at Althorp and conservations schemes.
The role will be based at the Estate Office in Althorp, with occasional travel to London, Warwickshire and Norfolk as required. The successful candidate is likely to have the following attributes:
- Recently qualified MRICS, or with up to approximately 3 years post qualification experience in the rural sector.
- A strategic thinker with a thorough knowledge of tenancies particularly residential, commercial, and agricultural.
- An interest and understanding of the management of the environment and its natural capital.
- A team player, reliable, with integrity, discretion, and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks and work independently with minimum supervision when required.
For a copy of the job description and to discuss confidentially please contact Helen Astill on 07721 437 085 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.