Strutt & Parker - St Albans - Qualified Rural Surveyor
Position: Surveyor - up to Associate Director
Reporting to: Senior Associate Director
Location: Bedfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Hertfordshire
Strutt & Parker’s Land Management team are a lead provider of rural services to an excellent range of innovative and affluent private clients covering the counties of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, and Buckinghamshire. The office is well placed for easy commuting into central London.
An opportunity has arisen to join this successful team and work with a number of significant estate management clients, getting involved in a range of exciting businesses and planning projects from start to finish, as well as other general rural professional matters including valuation.
The role offers flexibility to have a good balance of being office and home based, and the opportunity to work on some interesting projects to actively optimise their clients’ assets in these prosperous counties. Flexible working is encouraged and the work will be for either retained management or Rural professional work.
- Undertake the primary day-to-day relationship role with Estate Management clients
- Managing landlord and tenant relationships for agricultural, commercial and residential properties
- Manage financial matters, provide reporting on budgeting, performance
- Manage Estate employees
- Provide concise, practical and reasoned advice to Clients at all times
- Experienced in the rural sector from within private practice or resident agent background
- Experience in project management, planning and development, and RICS Registered Valuer status is an advantage.
- Confident, organised, and professional.
- Able to gain trust with clients and build relationships.
- Commercially astute and hands on
- Take financial responsibility
- Excellent networking and selling skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent people skills
- Self-motived and resourceful
- Communicate confidently and clearly.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independent.
- Professionally qualified MRICS. Will consider newly qualified as well as more senior level, with a proven track record in rural estate management.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
What You Can Expect From Us
You will be joining a friendly, entrepreneurial and inclusive culture. We are driven by our core values and aim to embody them in all we do. We aspire to be refreshingly different and achieve this through using our unique perspectives, capabilities and expertise. We are bravely ambitious by going beyond what is required of us, and we are successful together; trusting one another and working collaboratively to achieve great results.
We recognise our employees are our most valuable asset, and our benefits scheme, employee engagement opportunities and Learning & Development offerings are our commitment to you and your career with us. We offer personal support, a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package. If you chose to join BNP Paribas or one of our subsidiaries, we will develop your strengths and fulfil your career ambitions.
BNP Paribas Real Estate, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading European real estate adviser with more than 5,400 experts across 36 countries. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. The personal information we collect are for the purposes of processing in connection with the company’s recruitment procedure. We will keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how we processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.