Stephensons Rural - York - APC Candidate or Recently Qualified Surveyor
We are looking to recruit an APC candidate or Recently Qualified Surveyor who is looking to progress their career as a Rural Surveyor to join our friendly agricultural team at Murton, York
Established in 1871, Stephensons Rural is a well respected family business providing advice to clients across Yorkshire from a busy Auction Centre on the edge of the city. Our professional services cover a very broad range of matters affecting rural property with a very wide client base. For those candidates interested in auctioneering there is also the chance to be involved in our regular sales of livestock and machinery.
No two days will ever be the same and you will be assisting senior surveyors in all matters of rural property advice. This is an exciting opportunity to extend your experience across the whole rural surveying discipline.
Professional work will include but will not be limited to:
- Assisting Registered Valuers on Red Book Valuations.
- Land & Farm Sales.
- Preparation of agricultural and commercial agreements.
- Contract Farming Arrangements.
- Basic Payment Scheme and Countryside Stewardship applications and becoming involved with the ELM scheme as the initiative is rolled out.
- Solar energy & battery schemes.
- Utility company claims and licence agreements.
- Property management.
- Planning and development.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and get involved with all aspects of the business. Key skills we are looking for are:
- A member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors who is an APC candidate or has recently qualified.
- Recently qualified as a Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers or who wishes to take the CAAV exams in the future.
- A keen interest in agriculture and the property sector.
- Full driving licence with access to own car.
- Experience on Promap preferred but not essential.
- Experienced on the Microsoft suite including Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Keen to get ‘stuck in’ with a positive attitude.
- A good communicator.
- Well organised and with attention to detail.
- Motivated to work on your own or as a team player.
What we will provide you
We are passionate about bringing forward new professionals into the business who will be a valued and important asset for the future.
We ensure that full support is provided during your day-to-day role and also for your RICS/CAAV exams, with our most recent CAAV candidate being awarded the highest exam score in the country.
We will pay your annual RICS and CAAV subscriptions.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about the role please contact Rod Cordingley on 07801 685 660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org