Stanfords – Colchester – Rural Practice Chartered Surveyor
Stanfords are seeking a Chartered Surveyor to join our professional team in Colchester, Essex. The role will offer candidates the opportunity to carry out a wide range of work across East Anglia, as well as exploring areas of their own interest, with very good prospects for development and progression.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with a senior and established surveyor and assist them their workload, whilst also providing support to the wider department. They will assist the firm as a whole in all aspects, including, but not limited to, the livestock and deadstock auctions, professional consultancy and land and property agency. Typical work shall include:
- Valuations for a wide range of purposes, including stock-taking.
- Land and farm sales, purchases, lettings and rent reviews
- Compensation claims and advising on compulsory purchase schemes
- Option and Promotion advice for potential development sites
- General advice including family farming matters
- Management of contract farming agreements and similar arrangements
- Landlord and tenant matters covering rural, residential and commercial real estate; and
- Management of mineral agreements.
The successful candidate should:
- Be MRICS qualified
- Be a registered valuer (or have completed Valuation to Lvl 3 in APC)
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Have 3+ years of PQE
- Be a qualified member of CAAV (not essential).
- A competitive salary dependant on experience
- Subscriptions for RICS and CAAV paid, in addition to any training and CPD costs
- Holiday entitlement starting at 31 days including bank holidays and increasing with long service
Colchester is located near the Suffolk and Essex border and offers those living in the area a desirable combination of close links to London, M25 and beyond with a slower and more rural way of life in Suffolk.
Applications to include a CV and covering letter, which are to be sent to Alexander Chapman by email: email@example.com
Closing date of 14th July 2021. Please note, if we receive a high volume of applicants, the closing date may be brought forward. To avoid disappointment, we suggest submitting your application early.