Staffordshire CC - Stafford - Trainee Land Agent
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Reporting to the Land and Rural Estate Group Manager and assisting in the active management of the County Farms Estate covering approximately 6,600 acres of let farmland located throughout Staffordshire. The post provides an opportunity to gain experience in a diverse range of work including the letting and sales of agricultural property, Landlord and Tenant, planning and development, renewable energy development, wayleaves, easements, compensation, repair and maintenance and all aspects of practical rural estate management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work as part of a small, efficient team. You will be a graduate working towards the APC qualification for Membership of the RICS Rural Faculty. Full support and training will be given. Car driver and own vehicle essential
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension [staffspf.org.uk] scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme/cycle & car loan scheme/employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
To apply, please visit our website.