Sheldon Bosley Knight - Warwickshire - Rural Surveyor – graduate or newly qualified
Due to expansion, an opportunity has a for a graduate rural surveyor, who is looking to progress their career in rural surveying, to join the SBK Rural Land Agency Department in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. Support will be given to obtain MRICS/FAAV qualification.
Sheldon Bosley Knight are a firm of Chartered Surveyors, Land and Property Agents with offices across Warwickshire, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire. With roots dating back more than 150 years, we have extensive local knowledge and business experience. The company has strong relationships with many local professional firms and plays a pivotal role in the communities that it serves. We have over 75 staff and consultants working out of 9 offices.
Your job will be to support the Rural Land Agency Department in all aspects of rural professional work including but not limited to:
- Estate and property management,
- Landlord and tenant, preparation of Farm Business Tenancies, Grazing Licences and Contract Farming Agreements,
- Advising clients on farm support schemes (BPS, CSS, ELMS and other funding/support),
- Land and property sales,
- Utility and infrastructure compensation claims.
To support the rural team in all aspects of Estate Management ensuring delivery of the best service to the Estate owners and Trustees.
Coordination of grants and annual BPS process.
Arranging grazing licence renewals
- Inspections of estate property
- Landlord and Tenant meetings
- Regular water meter readings
- Arranging Estate repairs e.g fencing, meeting contractors and tenants on site.
- Grazing licence renewals/FBTs
- Maintenance of the Estate Terrier
- CSS agreements
- BPS Administration including letters to clients, maintaining spreadsheets and simple claims
- Compiling FBT renewals
- Deposit of Rights of Way Declarations
- Land Sales and Lettings
- Promap plans
Skills & Experience
- Able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Strong organisational skills – able to prioritise own time and workload
- Team player
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and good keyboard skills
- Graduate in Rural Estate and Land Management
You will work in a modern office in Stratford-upon-Avon with a young, dynamic team of professionals within land and property management. As well as a competitive salary, you will receive 20 days annual leave, a Golden Day to spend with the charity of your choice, pension scheme plus support to gain your MRICS or FAAV qualification.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Liza Randall on 01789 387887 or drop an email to email@example.com