Scottish Water - Scotland - Land & Estates Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, customer focussed property professional to lead a Scotland-wide team in delivering first class results for Scottish Water’s Capital Investment Programme. This Programme includes the upgrading of existing and the development of new sites in diverse and often challenging locations.
You will manage a Scotland-wide team who are responsible for the following activities:
- Identification and management of land risks within a large project portfolio;
- Identification and application of any appropriate mitigation, influencing design as appropriate and facilitating construction in line with project milestones;
- Service of notice/management of land purchase (inc CPO)/statutory compensation claims with a variety of stakeholders to allow both the construction and long-term operation of assets;
- Managing and instructing surveys and inspections;
- Working as an integral part of multi-disciplinary project teams to understand outputs, milestones and project needs, demonstrating a pragmatic and business focussed approach
- People management
- Excellent communications skills
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of property legislation and policy
- Experience in the provision of land advice for development and/or construction of large projects
- Practical experience in statutory access to land
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in stakeholder management including regulatory bodies;
- Experience of working in the water, utility and/or construction sectors
- A driving licence
- Professional membership of a relevant property/valuation organisation
- Experience of operating in a project delivery environment with challenging deadlines
The location of this role can be flexible within Scotland.
The closing date for applications is: 1st February 2022
The salary range is: £45,098.00 - 57,643.00 per annum (depending on experience)
We are also happy to consider flexible working requests.
Do you have any Assistive Support Requirements? If we can support you further at any point during your application to Scottish Water, then please let us know by emailing:
We're passionate about developing and retaining the best people at Scottish Water. Our people make a real difference to the lives of the people and communities in Scotland who rely on the vital services we provide.
If you think you have the qualities and technical skills and knowledge required for the role, and that this role would provide you with the next exciting step in your career with Scottish Water, please apply online. You may be required to undertake pre-employment screening if you are the successful candidate for this role. This could include disclosure Scotland or enhanced security checks. Any requirement for pre-employment screening for this role will be explained to you at interview.
For more information about this role, please contact the Rachel.email@example.com or 0131 370 6260.
If you require any additional support throughout the application process please contact the recruitment team: SWRecruitment@scottishwater.co.uk