Savills - Salisbury - Surveyor/Senior Surveyor
Current Team Information
We are looking for a talented rural surveyor with entrepreneurial flair and a passion for creating commercial opportunities in the rural sector. The successful candidate will be part of the rural team in Salisbury, but will be expected to work in a flexible, agile manner including, if required, across the wider Southern Region. Our Salisbury office is home to a rural team of 15 including specialists in estate management, farm management, telecoms and valuation. Our clients include private rural estates, farmers, traditional institutions and rural property investors.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
The role will include strategic thinking and taking a deal or project on rural estates from inception through to completion, as well as some involvement in day to day estate management. The successful candidate will also be involved with rural professional consultancy work such as valuations, CPO, telecoms and restrictive covenant work.
The local team is supported by the almost-limitless knowledge, resources and research within the national and international Savills network, and as an integral member of the team you will be expected to liaise with your counterparts across the country and to contribute to business development throughout Savills both within and beyond the rural division.
This role offers considerable opportunities for the candidate to progress their career. Savills offer unique training across a range of subjects which includes a comprehensive business management programme. There are also opportunities to be part of internal thought leadership and business development groups.
In addition to the responsibilities summarised above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
We are looking to recruit an individual who is keen to develop a career in an extremely diverse sector of the economy within a friendly and proactive team. The successful candidate is likely to possess some or all of the following attributes:
- MRICS with experience in rural estate management
- Strategic asset management including diversification and adding value to rural assets
- Landlord and tenant negotiations in all sectors
- Understanding of planning and development
- Understanding of valuation principles (not required to be a registered valuer)
- Experience with telecoms, CPO and other professional work preferred, but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Creative and lateral thinker, with the ability to problem solve and focus on solutions
- Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible
- Strong team player: builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility
- Ability to influence and quickly build rapport with all types of people
- Able to use researched factual information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict
- Cost management: financial and commercial acumen with excellent planning, budgeting and operational reporting skills
- Highly professional, self-motivated, goal driven individual able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a clear and logical fashion, with good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ethical with strong integrity
- Clear written and verbal communication skill
- Microsoft Office, including Excel. Training will be provided in respect of internal systems
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employe and is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champion programme – ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.
Savills is a signatory of the Race at Work Charter – committing to the equality of opportunity in the workplace for all.