Savills - Newcastle - Rural Surveyor
Current Team Information
Newcastle Rural Management Team
This is an opportunity to join a young, friendly and energetic team with a diverse workload spanning rural professional practice, and with a core of retained estate management work and associated strategic consultancy. The immediate team consists of one director, three associate directors, four associates and two rural surveyors.
We are looking to recruit two new team members, one to service clients predominantly in North
Northumberland and the Scottish Borders and one to service clients predominantly in South Northumberland and Cumbria.
The work of the team is ably supported by four estate administrators, as well as a central compliance
management team. The role would be based out of Newcastle, but it is expected that the individual would work in an agile manner across the region, including an element of home-based working if desired. We also have a hub office in Wooler for the members of the team who are based in North Northumberland or the Scottish Borders.
The Newcastle Rural Management Team has an actively collaborative approach, and operates as part of the larger multi-disciplinary Savills Newcastle office, alongside teams delivering a range of services including planning, building surveying, development consultancy, industrial and investment agency. The team also works closely with other Savills specialists in the region in areas such as minerals surveying, farm business consultancy and forestry. The local team is supported by the almost-limitless knowledge, resources and research within the national and international Savills network, and as an integral member of the team you will be expected to liaise with your counterparts across the country and to contribute to business development throughout Savills both within and beyond the rural division.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
The role is to play a key part in the delivery of fee earning and excellent client service within the Newcastle Rural Management team. To serve the existing client base, and contribute to the growth of the business and its profile in the region.
The team has a varied, established client base ranging from significant landed estates and large institutions, to private individuals and family businesses operating in the rural economy. The successful candidate will assume client facing responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of the client’s objectives. The core of the team’s workload is centred around rural estate management, with a diverse mix of client and property types, and with estate locations varying from very rural to urban fringe. The team also carries out a material quantity of rural professional consultancy across disciplines including landlord and tenant, rural business advice, diversification opportunities, valuation and dispute resolution, and there is scope for the right candidate to practice in some or all of these areas alongside the core of estate management work.
We are looking to recruit at Staff of Associate level depending on skills, experience and knowledge, and we are open to considering applications from those who want to work either full of part time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
We are looking to recruit an individual who is keen to develop a career in an extremely diverse sector of the economy within a friendly and proactive team. The successful candidate is likely to possess some or all of the following attributes:-
Skills and Knowledge
- A methodical, organised professional with a diligent approach to their workload
- Confident nature with a positive outlook
- Appetite for continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectiveness
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best
- Team player: builds relationships and consults with others, works collaboratively, and quickly
- establishes trust and credibility
- Ethical with strong integrity
- Curious nature and eager to experiment and push the boundaries
- Creative and lateral thinker, with the ability to problem solve and focus on solutions
- Commercially aware, but with the ability to vary approach dependent on circumstances
- Focussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against them
- Good relationship management skills and ability to engage with a variety of audiences
- Self-motivated, goal driven with the ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a clear and logical fashion, with good organisational skills and attention to detail
- An interest in building relationships and generating new business
- MRICS or FAAV qualified
- Relevant experience in the rural property sector with good technical knowledge (prior estate
- management desirable but not essential, and applications will be considered from candidates wishing
- to move into this area of work)
- Clear written and verbal communication style
- IT competent
- Driving licence essential
Type of Assessment for this role:
- 2 stage interview
- Personality Profile
Apply via www.savills.co.uk
Or contact Mark Scott, Savills Newcastle, for an informal, confidential discussion.
07977 343911 firstname.lastname@example.org