Packington Estate - Warwickshire - Land Agent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Land Agent to join Packington Estate. The role will support the Senior Estate Management team in all aspects of the running of this diverse estate.
Packington Estate is a traditional country estate located on the urban fringe of Birmingham and Coventry. There is a diverse portfolio of farming, forestry, quarrying/inert filling, residential, commercial and leisure.
Packington is a 5,000 acre diverse estate with 500 acres farmed in-hand, 700 acres of woodland with the remainder let on numerous farm tenancies and licence agreements. The estate property includes over 65 residential houses and 50 commercial lettings. There is also a portfolio of development sites and strategic land holdings along with both mineral extraction and inert landfill.
What you'll be doing
As part of this team, you will be based at the Estate Office in Packington Hall and will be supporting the senior managers to provide advice, excellent client care and stakeholder management to help deliver best practice across the estate property portfolio. You will be involved in delivering a range of work including management of agricultural, residential and commercial tenancies; stewardship applications and claims; commercial and amenity woodland and assisting with the property maintenance program. In addition, you will oversee the implementation of regenerative agriculture practices across the in-hand farms as part of Packington Estate’s environmental ethos.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Be recently qualified MRICS, or with up to three years post qualification experience in the rural sector. Advantageous to have completed a three/four-year undergraduate degree in Rural Estate and Land Management.
- Fellowship of the CAAV
- Have a practical knowledge and experience of rural land and property management, with a detailed understanding of all types of agricultural, commercial and residential tenancies.
- Have a good working knowledge of legislation and policy affecting rural land and property management.
- Advantageous to have an interest or understanding of regenerative agriculture and soil health.
- Have good organisational and technical skills to provide efficient and effective support to the management team.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills and act with integrity and professionalism in all that they do.
- An understanding of mapping software. Pear Technology Mapper is advantageous but not essential.
- Have a full clean UK drivers’ licence
Packington Estate will offer a competitive package commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Potential for onsite accommodation.
How to Apply
Please apply, in confidence, via email to Ben Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a covering letter setting out why you think you would be suitable for the role. Should you be selected for interview this will be via a Video Call in the first instance due to the current COVID-19 advice.
The position is available to start immediately.