NPS South West - Exeter - Chartered Land Agent
NPS Group is a national, award winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring professional services to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK. We offer local delivery supported by national capability.
NPS South West is currently in a position to recruit a Chartered Land Agent into their Exeter based team, to support with the management of the Estates department.
Your role will be to assist in the provision of agricultural, land agency and rural property advice to clients whilst ensuring the team manage the workloads in accordance with the agreed client strategy.
The role will also require the delivery of agricultural planning appraisals for Local Planning Authority clients, you will be required to support the development and growth of the Rural Surveying department as new clients in both the public and private sector are secured.
We are looking for a full-time Chartered professional with demonstrable experience in a surveying role in a land, rural or estates environment along with the following;
- Ability to improve and influence economic, social and environmental benefits to an Estate
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including Agricultural Holdings Act 1986, Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 and Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Excellent communication skills, capable of forming and developing excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of rural estate management, through a degree of equivalent learning and relevant commercial experience
- An understanding of business plans, cash flows and budgets, farm diversification, agri-environment scheme contracts and grant funding schemes .
- Professional Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) as well as a RICS Registered Valuer
- Ideally, Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV)
To submit your application, please click through the link provided below:
A DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours, which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.