Holker Estate - Cumbria - Graduate Surveyor
Holker Estate requires a graduate surveyor to join a busy and growing Land and Property Team in the summer of 2022. This team is based at the Estate Office near Cartmel in Cumbria and is responsible for the management of the Estate’s 17,000 acres and portfolio of property including a wide range of agricultural, residential and commercial assets, as well as a large in-hand arable farm, forestry and diversified enterprises. The role of Graduate Surveyor is to assist the Land Agents in the running of the Estate. The role would expose the candidate to a wide range of experience and the candidate would be supported through their initial training and RICS APC.
This role is to commence in the summer of 2022 and is open to students who are in their final year of study.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Estate management.
- Working with the land agent and farm contractor to ensure the farm performs to the best of its ability.
- Property management including lease renewals, property maintenance, negotiation of leases and compensation claims.
- Assisting in the preparation of management reports.
- Residential and agricultural lettings and rent reviews.
- Working with our property services team to manage property repair, maintenance and improvement.
- Liaison with various stakeholders to represent the interests of the business.
- Administration within the department to include assistance at meetings.
- Additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- We are seeking a graduate of Rural Land Management or equivalent RICS accredited degree. Practical farming, construction and property management experience are considered beneficial.
Skills and Knowledge
- Interested and knowledgeable about the countryside and farming/forestry/property.
- Upbeat and personable with good communication skills.
- A team player who is able to work with anyone and everyone within the business.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Has a full driving licence and access to a car for business purposes.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Assessment applicants can expect during selection
- 2 stage interview
To apply please email Estateoffice@holker.co.uk with Cv Covering letter, or post to
Holker Estates Co Limited,The Estate Office, Cark-in-Cartmel, Grange-over-Sands LA11 7PH