Forestry England - Various Locations - Estates Surveyors
Do you want to work for the largest land manager and recreation provider in England?
Responsible for over 200,000ha of land including conifer and ancient woodland, agricultural land and heathland in a wide range of environments.
Attracting in the region of 300m visits to the estate every year.
Managing a varied, complex and interesting range of property assets from major recreation visitor centres and offices to small remote buildings and houses in rural settings, as well as telecoms sites, quarries, sporting agreements, cafes, GoApe and many more.
Forestry England are looking for 4 Estates Surveyors to work in their regional estates teams based at Exeter, the Forest of Dean, Yorkshire and in the North of England.
Key Work Areas of the posts include
- Manage landlord and tenant relationships to complete efficient and timely rent reviews, lease renewals and new lettings in relation to agreements for sporting lets, recreational sites, residential properties, farms and agricultural land, telecoms sites and commercial properties;
- Investigate and protect Forestry England’s interests in relation to access, encroachments, boundary disputes and claims;
- Deal with wayleaves and the management of utilities;
- Interpret leases from both a landlord and tenant’s perspective and offer sound professional advice to colleagues in forestry and recreation teams;
- Work to support the recreation team with existing tenant performance and also on new tenders and leases for recreation activities and development projects;
- Undertake RICS Red Book valuations for financial purposes;
- Work with the Estates team and wider district team to improve the financial and environmental sustainability of the Estate.
Essential person requirements
Chartered status with RICS
Ability to analyse complex and unusual estate management issues and develop detailed solutions to ensure best value.
Experience of negotiating contract terms, acting on behalf of either a landlord or tenant.
Experience of leading rent reviews and lease renewals on residential, commercial, or agricultural properties.
Valuation experience across a variety of property types and for a range of purposes.
A good standard of written and verbal communication.
Competent user of MS Office - in particular, Excel, Word, Teams and Outlook.
Fellowship of the CAAV
A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
RICS Registered Valuer status
Experience in working with GIS systems
An understanding of business planning and cost management
If you would like to know more or apply then follow the link below. We look forward to hearing from passionate, professional people who are looking to develop their careers in an extremely diverse environment.
(search for Forestry Commission)
Exeter and Forest of Dean Job ref: 135300
Yorkshire Job ref: 135260
North Job ref: 134772
Closing date for applications 8th August 2021