Fisher German - Doncaster or Newark - Rural Associate to Associate Director
The Team & Focus of the Role.
This is a hugely unique and exciting opportunity that has come up in Fisher German. We are on the lookout for an experienced individual to come in and get involved in a variety of work within our North East or Doncaster team.
In this role you’ll be undertaking an interesting variety of instructions for a wide range of clients including farmers, landowners, tenants, corporations and the public sector. Work will include valuations, consultancy advice, compensation and compulsory purchase, lease advisory and working closely with our agri-business and agency teams.
This role will require someone driven, who loves to nurture and develop relationships with clients and has a background of rural surveying or general practice surveying. We also need to see some fantastic leadership skills & management styles that will reflect our inclusive and engaging culture here at Fisher German.
You’ll also be a natural networker, having the ability to engage and win new business & be responsible for the overall onboarding of new clients whilst managing the teams working on them, all while still providing the first class client service to our existing clients.
This role would suit an experienced and qualified rural practice surveyor keen to progress their career with an interesting and varied workload and the ability and flexibility to develop their own client base and relationships.
This is a permanent full-time position on the 37.5-hour contract (Monday – Friday). However, we are open to discussion on hybrid working.
Duties will include:
- Managing the delivery and leading on General Practice matters for wide range of clients being owner occupiers, landowners and tenants across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, S Yorkshire, and Lincolnshire.
- Undertaking compensation and compulsory purchase work for landowners and acquiring authorities on a variety of projects, including managing delivery of work.
- Property and annual stock taking valuations
- Training and mentoring junior staff, including preparation for APC and CAAV examinations and career progression.
- Rural property valuations for all purposes
- Compensation and compulsory purchase for landowners and acquiring authorities across a wide variety of projects
- Rural consultancy advice to private clients and the public sector
- Lease advisory work including new lettings, lease renewals, rent reviews, for both AHA and FBT agreements
- Telecoms negotiations for landowners
- Providing a high-quality service to our clients
The successful candidate will have...
- MRICS or AssocRICS qualifications
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- FAAV (preferably)
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to self-manage to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage a small team
- Experience in building strong, lasting relationships, networking and promoting the business
- Excellent people skills with the ability to influence decisions.
- Outstanding prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Great verbal and written communication
Why Fisher German?
We’ve been around for a while, but it doesn’t mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we offer a hybrid working approach to help our colleagues design their working day to suit their diaries. Some days you might be in the office enjoying a collaborative team day, and other days might see you focussing on project work at home.
Wherever you choose to work, you’ll be part of a social and digitally connected workforce with the chance to get involved in a variety of activities, like sports events, pop-up bars, BBQs, CPD days, live leadership updates on Zoom, picnics in the park and lots more.
What’s not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please get in touch.
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the 6-property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy.
Bring Yourself to Work
It’s simple really, we are passionate about what we do, and we want you to be driven to succeed with us. For this to happen, you need to feel supported and included which is why we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.