Euston Estate - Suffolk - Estate Director
The pivotal leadership position at the substantial and diverse Euston Estate, spanning the Estate’s varied activities and enterprises, and working closely with the Duke and Duchess of Grafton and the Trustees to develop strategy, identify opportunities and ensure delivery.
This is a dynamic, broad and immersive role that is full of potential. Alongside an award-winning agricultural business that has seen significant investment over recent years, the Estate’s activities and enterprises encompass a very active approach to environmental management schemes and markets, energy generation, property management and development, country sports, and a growing hospitality and events business. The Estate is keen to build on its success and pursue fresh opportunities across its enterprises, including within the hospitality and events space.
- Overseeing the in-house teams across all the Estate’s enterprises as well as managing the Estate’s close relationships with its third-party operators to ensure efficient day-to-day operations and a strong team spirit.
- Seeking out, assessing, and proposing new commercial opportunities for the Estate, including in hospitality and events, and then successfully delivering the selected initiatives.
- Developing and iterating the Estate’s strategy and consequent business plans, as well as ensuring the in-house team continues to possess the right mix of skills and capabilities.
- Acting as a key ambassador for the Estate across a wide spectrum of stakeholders at a local, regional and industry level.
- A proven business leader who relishes the opportunities inherent within a broad and ambitious rural business that is able to take a long-term perspective and has the appetite to develop further, including into new markets.
- An engaging and diplomatic manager who is a strong communicator, believes in coaching and empowering others, and is able to reinforce a positive and highly collaborative culture.
- Knowledge of agriculture and property will be important, as will experience of renewable energy, natural capital and carbon markets. At the same time, a track record of developing and managing consumer-facing enterprises and the fundamentals of building and maintaining a brand will be of strong interest.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference L232, enclosing a copy of your CV.
For further information please contact Richard Langton or Charlie van Exter on 020 7917 9456.
Tarver Melrose (www.tarvermelrose.com)