Englefield Estate - Berkshire - Head of Rural Property & Land
An exciting opportunity has arisen to take on a pivotal role in the management of the Englefield Estate’s property and land portfolio covering 14,000 acres between Reading, Newbury and Basingstoke. Based at the Estate Office, the incumbent will lead and oversee the management of its property, farming, forestry, sporting, environmental and conservation initiatives thus ensuring the business remains an exemplar for responsible rural land management and one that delivers value to all its key stakeholders.
- Leading and developing the Estate’s residential and commercial property interests at Englefield whilst ensuring best in class service and standards are delivered at all times.
- Enabling the smooth running of its tenanted and in-hand farming operations whilst supporting the Estate’s development and implementation of its Environment Strategy with a focus on natural capital and a path to achieving net zero.
- Working in close partnership with the Building, Forestry and Sporting departments, ensure each continues to deliver long-term economic and environmental value.
- Taking accountability for the robust financial planning and performance of the Estate’s rural business whilst leading and supporting a diverse and committed team in reaching its full potential.
- A qualified and ambitious rural property and land management professional with a track record of optimising existing operations and developing new commercial opportunities.
- Interested in and excited by the future development of UK agriculture and the role Estates can play in delivering positive environmental outcomes.
- Strong financial and budgetary experience with the ability to think strategically. Should possess the tenacity and flexibility to see demanding and long-term projects through to fruition.
- A charismatic and inspirational leader who communicates effectively and builds strong relationships whilst being sensitive to the heritage and ethos of a multi-generational family Estate.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference E214, enclosing a copy of your CV and giving full salary details.
For further information please contact Charlie van Exter on 020 7917 9456.
Tarver Melrose (www.tarvermelrose.com)