CLA - Andover, Hampshire - Rural Surveyor – opportunity for a newly qualified Surveyor
About the CLA
The Country Land and Business Association (CLA) has been championing the interests of rural England and Wales for over 100 years. We campaign to grow the rural economy, strengthen rural communities and provide a greener future for the next generation – all whilst providing a first class service to our members.
We are looking for a recently qualified Rural Chartered Surveyor to join our team. The Surveyor is expected to cover all aspects of work that would normally be covered by a chartered surveyor who is a member of the rural faculty.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in a small and flexible team at a pivotal time for the future of UK rural sector. The role will offer the opportunity to advise members and work on policy issues affecting the south east region while also supporting the delivery of all CLA activities in the region and contributing to the wider team in London and across the six regions in England and Wales.
The successful candidate will be RICS and/or CAAV qualified and will demonstrate:
- Strong client service ethic
- Proven track record on the provision of quality advice
- Excellent people skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Good verbal and written communication skills with public speaking experience
A full driving licence and car is required as the position involves travel throughout the South East Region, occasionally to remote and isolated locations.
- Responding to members’ enquiries covering the full range of a Chartered Surveyor’s competency in rural practice work ensuring advice given to members is accurate and provided in a timely manner in accordance with CLA applicable instructions, referring queries to Policy Adviser as appropriate.
- Identifying through advisory work on behalf of members, issues for lobbying/campaigning action
- Participate in national forums, conferences and meetings, both internally and externally as requested.
- Prepare and submit and/or assist the other Surveyor in the preparation and submission of consultation responses on regional and local public consultations that affect CLA members
- Attend and give evidence, and/or support the other Surveyor in giving evidence at EIPs, Public Enquiries and other external meetings as necessary.
- Contribute to CLA national consultation responses as requested.
- Contribute to the delivery of CLA Campaigns within the Region
- Assist the Regional Director in developing volunteer participation (branch and regional sub-committees/working groups as needed) to provide supportive technical expertise and local knowledge. Identifying and supporting volunteers to represent CLA interests on outside organisations.
- Contributing to the planning, programme and content of regional technical seminars/conferences.
- Attendance at clinics, shows, farmers’ or other meetings to provide advice to members, including in the evenings and at weekends as necessary.
- Acting as media spokesperson within areas of competence as required.
- Preparing guidance notes, magazine articles and presentations as necessary or as requested.
The location, team, and working arrangements
The role is based in Andover in Hampshire, with up to two days a week of flexible working plus opportunities to travel across the South East to unique and special landscapes. You will be working in a small, friendly team, who are very passionate about the organisation and rural affairs in general as well as being part of the CLA’s supportive team of over one hundred highly motivated individuals across England and Wales.
What we can offer
The CLA offers its staff a large number of benefits which include;
- Enrolment into an excellent pension scheme, offering Employers contribution of up to 10% of salary
- Minimum 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Work place benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme and Payroll Giving
- Access to an online wellness portal, including Employees Assistance Programme
- Discount offers at over 800 retailers
- Access to a private 24 hour GP service
Please reference: SE6842C
We would love to hear from a wide range of career backgrounds and experience: we believe that greater diversity can only strengthen us as a team. To apply please send a covering letter, setting out how you meet the criteria, include your current remuneration and CV to email@example.com
by 12pm Tuesday 14th December.
For more information, please visit www.cla.org.uk.