Cheffins - Cambridge Office - Rural Practice Chartered Surveyor
Founded in 1825, Cheffins is a thriving and progressive Partnership of Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers and Estate Agents. The firm operates from a headquarters building in Cambridge, and has an unrivalled network of local offices, located in Ely, Newmarket, Saffron Walden, and Haverhill, providing coverage across the mid-Anglia region.
Cheffins are looking for an experienced rural surveyor to join an established and busy team providing a wide range of rural professional advice to clients.
The candidate will be RICS and CAAV qualified with proven experience in providing rural professional advice, a good level of self-drive and ambition and the ability to work both as a team member and independently.
The position offers an opportunity to take a key role in the rural team with excellent prospects for career development.
• 23 days holiday, with the ability to earn up to 28 days, plus bank holidays and an additional 3-4 days at Christmas and New Year
• Group Life Cover
• 4% of 85% of annual earnings contributed to the Cheffins pension scheme
• Medicash health cover
• Competitive Salary (+ bonus structure and car allowance) relevant to experience
Cheffins act for a wide range of landowners and farming businesses and we pride ourselves on building long-term client relationships.
The successful candidate will
• join a close-knit team of surveyors within the Rural Division which provides a full range of agency, professional and management services to clients.
• be required to manage their own instructions as well as working alongside other team members to service on-going instructions
• be provided with opportunities for career progression and development
• be supported for CPD requirements and business compliance.
Main Purpose / scope of the role
• Within the rural team dealing with rural professional advice, valuations, rural agency (sales and lettings), infrastructure and rural diversification schemes.
• Attending client meetings (both on and off site), reporting to clients with recommended actions/fees, acting upon and managing instructions, liaising with clients professional advisers (lawyers and accountants) where required, negotiating sales/lettings and preparing heads of terms.
• Working with other team members on Planning & Development advice, Rural Grants/Subsidies and providing input into business development/publications/events as part of the rural team.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
• RICS and CAAV qualified
• Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Minimum 2 years' experience working in a Rural Professional role
Full clean driving licence and use of own car
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
• Knowledge of local area and property market
Interest/knowledge of renewable energy projects
Skills & Abilities
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to provide clear advice
• Strong communication skills / written and verbal
• Ability to meet demands and deadlines
• High level of accuracy
• Commitment to meeting or exceeding client expectations
• Ability to work as part of a team, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
• Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members, clients and other professionals.
• Good sense of humour
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete an application form, downloadable here and send this along with your CV and a covering letter to Simon Gooderham MRICS FAAV, Managing Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon for a confidential discussion on 01223 271952.
Ref SPCG RS/11/21