Caerlaverock Estate - Dumfries & Galloway - Estate Manager
A new and exciting role has been created to manage the Caerlaverock Estate, comprising 6,200 acres in Dumfries & Galloway. The Estate includes the usual mix of agricultural and residential property, and in-hand farming business; and in addition, Caerlaverock Castle (under a deed of guardianship), an award-winning restaurant and shop, holiday lets, a National Nature Reserve and a WWT Centre.
The Estate is located 5 miles south of Dumfries on the Solway Firth. This is a new in-house role to manage the estate business, working closely with the owner.
Amongst other qualities the applicant will:
- have experience running a rurally based estate with leisure and tourism opportunities. The position combines operational and strategic roles – overseeing the management of the in-hand farm and the diversified businesses; managing the Estate’s property portfolio and land matters; and managing financial control, together with establishing a financial and environmental strategy for the long-term growth of the Estate;
- be familiar and comfortable with the policies and guidance around modern land reform in Scotland and how this can benefit the estate business;
- have a working knowledge of mixed arable/livestock farms, and be aware of the opportunities presented around regenerative and sustainable farming, agri-forestry and environmental schemes and how this may benefit the business;
- have experience of developing and operating leisure and tourism opportunities taking advantage of the Estate’s unique location on the Solway Firth;
- be able to adapt to changing circumstances, respond efficiently to matters as they arise and to communicate effectively with all interested parties;
- act in an ambassadorial role engaging with the local community and representing the estate in the public arena ensuring that the high regard in which the business is held is maintained.
A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with their experience.
How to apply
Please apply by emailing Mark Fogden (email@example.com) with your CV. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. A full briefing pack will be provided following receipt of your CV.