BTF Partnership - South East - Agricultural/Environmental Consultant
BTF Partnership is a progressive firm of rural and commercial Chartered Surveyors and Land Agents with 3 offices situated in Kent and Sussex. We provide a full range of professional services to a diverse client base. In addition, we have a thriving Agency business, specialising in commercial property, land, farms and country estates and a dedicated Estate Management team acting for some of the largest privately-owned estates in the area.
This is a rare opportunity to join an energetic, expanding and thriving business within the South East with a client base second to none.
We are looking to recruit an Agricultural and Environmental Consultant to join our Challock team and expand our Environmental and Agri-Business Services. Workload will include advising clients on the Basic Payment Scheme, Environmental Land Management Scheme, Natural Capital Assessments in association with the Kent Wildlife Trust, Grant Funding, Cross Compliance, Diversification Projects and Mitigation Strategies and, depending on experience, advising on farming structures such as contract farming agreements and share farming arrangements.
The successful candidate will be working alongside senior team members but will have the opportunity to take responsibility for client work from a very early stage and will play a key role in the ongoing growth of our business, with excellent opportunities for career progression.
To be considered, you will need to be:
- Educated to degree level (preferably with a degree in environmental management or agri-business), and have a good practical knowledge of agriculture and farming systems in Kent
- Have experience in advising clients on all matters relating to the Basic Payment Scheme and Stewardship Schemes and be up to date on proposals relating to the introduction of ELMS
- Have a good understanding of emerging natural capital opportunities and ecosystem services
- A personable team player able to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of clients
- Ambitious and forward thinking both in terms of the development of the business and in advice given to clients; and
- Have a current driving licence and access to a car.
We will offer a highly competitive rewards package commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to Claire Houchin at email@example.com
The position is available immediately and all applications will be treated strictly confidentially.