Bristol Water - Property and Projects Surveyor
Salary: Up to £32,000 to £35,000 depending on skills and experience
Great new opportunity for a Property and Projects Surveyor to join our Legal Team here at Bristol Water.
What will you be doing?
As Property and Projects Surveyor you’ll be supporting the Land and Property Manager in providing a professional Property service to the business covering all land and property matters.
This is a great varied opportunity, as you’ll assist with delivering the Capital investment programme (i.e., water main schemes in particular renovations), supporting Operations (Network and Production) and other departments relating to works on Land, i.e., land entry, consulting stakeholders (Landowners), negotiating/settling compensation claims (minor bursts to pipe schemes); ensuring the protection of water mains and assisting with the management of the operational and non-operational property estate.
Day to day you’ll be…
- Supporting other departments such as Projects, Development Services and New Supplies with all Land matters including referencing; consultation (Landowners); drafting/serving statutory notices; securing land entry; ensuring compliance with the Code of Practice “Pipe-laying and Other Works”; agreeing accommodation works; negotiating settlement of compensation claims; negotiating compound licences; maintain file records and databases, keep accurate financial records.
- Supporting and advising internal stakeholders in all property related matters including land entry; repair and maintenance works; pipe and accessory enquiries ensuring their protection (i.e., build overs); Property matters related to the operational estate; responding to Customer and third-party enquiries (i.e., general Property enquiries; easements & wayleave requests; access issues).
- Assisting with the management of the operational and non-operational property estate (residential, agricultural, commercial, telecommunications and wayleaves) including responding to third party enquiries; negotiating terms for new agreements and renewals, rent reviews, ensuring agreement terms honoured; debt recovery; Tenant liaison. Supporting the Land and Property Manager with land disposals.
What we’re looking for…
- General IT skills (Word, Excel) and use of databases (i.e., a property database (Estateman)); GIS; Adobe Photoshop or similar (ProMap)
- Degree in Rural or Estate Management with rural management and utility sector knowledge and experience.
- Negotiation skills in settling compensation claims; land acquisitions and disposals.
- Knowledge of Property law including Agricultural law and management, Landlord & Tenant; Residential and Commercial.
- Ideally, you’ll be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rural or General Practice) or Probationer actively seeking professional membership
- Working knowledge of the Water Industry Act 1991, compensation and compulsory purchase would be beneficial, or the desire to develop this in your new role.
Above all, you will need to demonstrate our competencies and core values: TRUST, SUPPORT, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, PROFESSIONALISM, PRIDE and AMBITION.
What’s in it for you?
As well as a great opportunity to develop your career, the role offers:
- 10% bonus
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Entry into the company pension scheme
- Flexible, supportive friendly working environment
- Onsite parking, when you’re in the office
- Opportunity for some home working
Why Bristol Water?
Bristol Water provides water to over a million customers in the Bristol area, this equates to over one thousand square miles and 264,000,000 litres of water supplied everyday!
Since 1846, we’ve been making people healthier and the economy stronger. We’ve served generations of families and will serve generations to come.
We don’t just give people water. We keep them healthy and help them grow. People are the reason we work around the clock and test our water hundreds of times every day.
We’re here to have a positive impact on people and the planet for generations. Without people, it’s just water. With water, families flourish, businesses grow, and people create.
We’re a morning cuppa, that well-deserved bubble bath (although we’d prefer a four-minute shower), and that cold Friday pint after a long week.
We’re full of colour, pride and spirit… just like our small patch of the planet.
We’ve been here for generations, we served your great-great-great grandparents (if they lived in Bristol, anyway).
Almost everyone who works here, also lives in the area.
We were born out of the needs of Bristolians and we’re still part of that today. So, we do what we do for ourselves, our families, our friends…our people.
Did you know we’re one of the smallest water companies in the UK, and we love it.
It means we’re closer to people and we can do the things that matter. Being small means we can be responsive. We punch above our weight, leading the way. We show others how it’s done and have big opportunities for our staff.
We’re in it together
We’re stronger when we work together. Our willingness and desire to collaborate is our secret to success.
We welcome applications from all individuals from all backgrounds, if you share our values, we’ll want to work with you to do good.
For the planet
We’re on a mission to save the planet from pollution and waste. We aim to make every bit of the environment we touch better.
Bristol Water. It’s what we’re made of.
Our purpose - To have a positive impact on society and the environment to build trust beyond water.
Bristol Water is committed to the welfare of our customers and expects all staff to share this commitment. All direct customer facing appointments are subject to a basic DBS check.