Belport - Oxfordshire/Northamptonshire - Property Assistant
Belport are looking for an assistant to support the Property team and with general office management to start as soon as possible. The roll will be full time based in the Belport Head Office in Culworth (OX17 2HW) with some flexibility to work from home. On occasion you may be asked to visit the owned and managed properties which may include being away for a night.
The role will be very varied as we are a small team. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who is self motivated and willing to find solutions independently. The main duties will include maintaining data in our property management system, dealing with a range of property and estate management tasks including liaising with contractors as well as general office support. You will be fully trained on all our systems and provided with a laptop. The position will report principally to our Associate Asset Managers on a day-to-day basis but will be managed by the Property Director.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational and communication skills, both verbal and written. Any applicant must be a proficient user in MS Office including Excel and Word and have a general confidence with technology. Experience in a real estate or property management company would be ideal but not essential.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful and we will make sure your CV is deleted.
Belport specialises in the acquisition, development and strategic management of farms and estates principally across the south of England. We currently have over £250 million of assets under management. The principal team consists of Alistair Emery and Charles Buckley who are co-founders of the business; Alice Hare and Fiona Jaques who are Chartered Surveyors and Associate Asset Managers; and Ed Harden who is head of fundraising and investor relationships. Belport are also supported by a diverse mix of specialist external consultants who assist on a project-by-project basis.
Belport Property Assistant
Job Title: Property Assistant
Responsible to: Property Director
Overall purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Asset Management team in performance of their duties as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Main Duties responsibilities:
- Assisting with general property and estate management tasks
- Utilities: Providing meter readings to utilities companies and liaising over invoices
- Management: Organising meetings with contractors including requesting quotes
- Health and Safety: Assist with the administration of compliance regulations, such as maintaining a list of suppliers qualifications and public liability certificates
Data and Technology
- Maintaining the electronic filing systems and management systems
- Logging works/tasks in the property management system (Re-Leased)
- Preparing plans from our mapping software (Land App)
- Liaising with the accounts team on the purchase order system (Sicon WAP/SAGE)
- Opening and distributing post
- Answering the phone, taking messages, and diverting task to the appropriate person in the team
- Completing tasks in MS Office such as mail merge.
- Taking minutes in meetings
Key Skills Required:
Excellent Communication: Internally and externally, written and verbal.
Data and Technology: General confidence with technology including MS Office package – principally Excel.
Organisational Skills: Good administration and organisation skills, able to manage a number of tasks at one time and prioritise where required.
Personal Skills: Good team player but also able work independently and problem solve.
This is not an exhaustive list and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties that may change from time to time to reflect changes in the Company’s circumstances. The Company therefore reserves the right to vary the job specification in consultation with you.
Salary - £25,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone who is able to start as soon as possible.