CAAV Privacy Notice in relation to Marketing
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What this privacy notice covers
The Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (“CAAV”) is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean CAAV. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
The CAAV is a private limited company by guarantee under registration number 00398155. The registered office is Harts Barn Farmhouse, Monmouth Road, Longhope, Gloucestershire, GL17 0QD.
The CAAV operates the website www.caav.org.uk (the “website”).
The CAAV is a data controller under the data protection rules and all contact details are shown at the end of this document.
Information we gather
The CAAV gathers certain information about you. If you sign up to receive information about our publications, updates and events, we will collect information from you, which may include:
- Your name
- Your business
- Postal address/region
- E-mail address
- Phone number
Without your express consent, we will not use this information for marketing purposes. Upon receiving your consent to marketing, we will then process your information for marketing purposes in line with your preferences.
How we may use your information
We rely on obtaining your consent to process your personal information. This means you have real choice and control over how we use your data. For example, we will rely on your consent to receive news about the CAAV, its events and publications via email and post.
We and the Secretary & Adviser to the CAAV may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- Perform services you have requested
- Notify you about changes to our service
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities
- We collect information which could be used for profiling. However, we do not currently do this and we have no intention to do so in the future
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner. By opting in to email communication from CAAV, you grant us the right to use the email address you have given us for email marketing purposes.
It is your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work. You may opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of our marketing emails.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. This consent must be explicitly given.
You may withdraw consent or change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
We require third parties and other data processors to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws. We will make sure that appropriate controls are in place where third parties have access to personal data. We enter into contracts with all of our data processors and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with CAAV policies and procedures.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. You may also unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time and we will set this out clearly on any future communications.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be stored at the CAAV’s registered office or with a GDPR compliant third party supplier.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this storing and processing.
CAAV will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
You have the right to:
- To keep us updated and have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this notice.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request in writing to the contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
- Have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. CAAV will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All complaints should be sent to:
The Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, Harts Barn Farmhouse, Monmouth Road, Longhope, Gloucestershire, GL17 0QD
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information. Their contact details are shown below:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745, Website: www.ico.gov.uk
This privacy notice was last updated in March 2018.